1. Avoid drinking alcohol atleast 24 hours prior to your appointment. If you can abstain from consuming any alcohol one week prior, that would be best. Alcohol can increase your risk for bruising, so it is recommended to avoid it prior to your visit.
2. Botox is a relatively painless procedure. Botox is injected using tiny microneedles in the muscle. If there is any discomfort, it is minimal and brief.
3. It is a quick procedure, with most visits taking 30 minutes or less.
4. Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser and water prior to your appointment. The provider will also clean your skin prior to injecting to reduce the risk of infection.
5. No pain medications a week prior to your appointment. Any antiinflammatory pain medication like Advil, Ibuprofen, Motrin and aspirin can increase your risk of bruising.
6. Be ready to answer questions related to medications you take, any current medical conditions and prior facial surgeries. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, Botox is not recommended.
I hope reading this article was helpful and answered any questions you have about Botox treatments.
If you are ready to take the first step to a more youthful, refreshed you- Contact us today (239)309-6152 for your complimentary consultation.